Tuesday 5 October 2010

Mabel

I have a new toy!

When I was a little lad I used to wish I had a magic book that would open onto any book in the world. I think I may have read it in some fantasy pulp somewhere. I had probably by this time read through the entire local library - apart from the research section and Mills and Boon shelves.

And now I've got one.

I notice that this is my second recommendation but worry not, I won't be doing any more.

But my new Kindle is bloody fantastic. The screen is like a typed page; it has wireless and a book can be downloaded in 10 seconds flat; it can hold up to three and a half thousand volumes (which might just do me) and all in all, I really do like it, ever so much.

Sue bought it me for my birthday, but the demand was so much that I had to wait an extra two weeks for it to be delivered(I was, for a time, disgruntled of Bristol.) Then it came and we are inseparable.

All the classics and a large number of other titles available free and other ebooks are decidedly cheaper than their papery counterparts. Reading it is a joy and just as pleasurable as the real thing, you can just as easily lose yourself in the words.

It has many other nice little features and all in all is dead good.

Sorry for gushing but I really am really, really chuffed!

If you are wondering as to the title, that's her new name!

2 comments:

Keef said...

Ooh, nice!

CWB said...

You leave her alone, she's mine!