Monday 20 September 2010

Bicycling Music

I have to come to realise, that in every man's life, there comes a time when he starts listening to Crowded House. I thought that this was something that other folks did. I thought that my varied collection of emotive and frankly bonkers wailing women songwriters would carry me past such shores.

Now I know that I am unwillingly bound, as Jason was bound to the mast of the Argo; bound to respond to the threnodies of lost opportunities; melodic rhapsodies in amplified acoustic soundscapes and other stuff that Neil and his brother have come up with. I blame iTunes with it's accursed Genius function, leading me down pathways best forgotten.

It's quite good really.

2 comments:

nomisd said...

Good? Good? Woodface is probably one of the best 10 albums ever made.

Passionate Dilettante said...

A bright, handsome chappie from Brizzle
Biked to work through sun, rain, fog & drizzle,
But not snow, frost or sleet,
When his bicycle seat
Held all the allure of a chisel.

99 clunk.

Ow.